March 8, 2013 – Summit Entertainment and Stephen Chbosky bring to life the story of Charlie – an introverted teenager starting out at a new high school and his struggles to deal with loneliness and depression.
The book was originally written by Stephen Chbosky and published February 1, 1999 by MTV. The film adaptation was released on September 21, 2012 in selected cities and reached nationwide release on October 12, 2012.
Some cast members:
A list of books recommended to Charlie in the book & movie:
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- The Stranger by Albert Camus
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
This inspirational story will speak to all generations (PG13) and if not, you will at the very least get a good music or book recommendation out of it.